1. When any indication is observed while drilling that the well may be flowing, stop rotating the drill string, raise the drill string with pumps on until tool joint is above the drill floor.
2. Stop pumps and check for flow, if positive:
3. Close annular or pipe rams.
4. Open choke line HCR valve.
5. Call supervisor and commence plotting a graph of shut in drill pipe pressure. Check pit volume gain.
After the well has been shut in.
In any shut-in procedure it is prudent to line up the annulus to the trip tank above the annular or rams. This will assist in double checking to see if they are leaking. Double check that the well is lined up through the choke manifold prior to circulating kick out.