Points to be checked before rig acceptance1. Weld 30” riser (weld two x 3” valve on the bottom of the conductor to be used to take return to caller if required, check conductor for any junk inside before welding.
2. Install cellar jet and function test it (fill cellar with water and drain it to waste pit with cellar jetting).
3. Make sure all the clamps for all high pressure lines installed.
4. Make sure that the fall arrestors below drill floor installed for work on BOP’s.
5. Install the flow line and leak test same.
6. Install centrifuge frame on mud system.
7. Make sure all eye wash stations working good.
8. Install emergency shower, function test same.
9. Prepare the PPE for mixing hopper and have it in place close to the hopper.
10. Install water hose on mud system for derrick man to use inside mud lap.
11. Prepare required amount of hi vis pills & spud mud as per program.
12. Have the two air pump in good working condition and ready to use before rig acceptance.
13. Have the high pressure washing machine working and ready for use.
14. Start the pump for cutting ditch blow shale shakers and keeps water circulating.
15. Start the water transfer pump at water pit, fill drill water tank.
16. Install barrier around the water pit and the warning sign.
17. Remove the junk in the location entrance.
18. Install water hose on rig floor and make sure it is working.
19. R/U easy TQ and function test same.
20. M/U bit sub (C/W float and Totco), 1 x 9 ½” D/C if required, hang it on blocks for alignment check.
21. Prepare BHA on racks as per given instruction.
22. Function test mud pumps relief valves (each one to be tested separate).
23. Connect ECS network cable from the unit to company man office.
24. Make sure the fire hose installed, proper nozzle available, and the hose is long enough to reach the fairest point on rig site camp (welder work shop).
25. Test fire alarms from rig floor.
26. Test emergency shutdown system.
27. Make sure all firefighting equipment in place and ready to work.
28. Test air hoists for holding weights without slipping.
29. Test crown o-matic.
30. Function test all solid control equipment.
31. Check that all rig engines working together and seen on rig floor panel.
32. Prepare the rescue at height kit on dog house.
33. Install the driller protecting metal frame.
34. Weld a box on dog house for first aid kit and put it in place.
35. Doctor to check that first aid kit contains all necessary components.
36. Make sure all air compressors working and delivering air pressure of 110-120 psi while the two air hoist working.
37. Install casing stabbing board and function test same.
38. Install pup joint inside BOP’s and prepare it for testing.
39. Connect hydraulic lines to BOP’s and to Koomey unit as the surface hole is short and no enough time to cont R/U after rig acceptance.
40. Make sure all earthing cables in place and connected to conduction pipe (don’t forget earthing cables for ECS and cement units).
41. Make sure that cat head is delivering the proper TQ (minimum 7000 lbs - tong pull).
42. Camp boss to prepare main camp for acceptance and make sure that everything is ok as per your company galley and accommodation check list.
43. Check Kelly spinner, make sure it is working on both sides.
44. Make sure that trip tank pump working in good condition.
45. Check all the safety pins for all shackles on rig floor (use proper type).
46. Check the safety pins for drill collar slips and drill pipe slips to avoid dropping segments in hole.
47. Prepare spider slips and elevator.
48. Check the availability of back up hoses (choke hose, Kelly hose, and jumper hose).
49. Prepare snatch blocks on rig for check.
50. Separate dangerous chemicals, isolate it and install safety sign in front of it.
51. Distribute enough number of garbage cans around the location.
52. General housekeeping around location.
53. Make sure that BOP test pump working and chart working good and you have the chart papers.
54. Make sure all the pressure gauges for all the solid control equipment are in good condition and change the damaged one.
55. Test vacuum degasser and make sure it is achieving the required drawdown.
56. Make sure that the derrick scab line installed and end covered with sand and the way clear of any obstructions.
57. Make sure that the both master points clear of any material, T card board updated and ready for use.
58. Make sure all wind socks on rig floor and mud system installed before rig acceptance.
Senior Tool Pusher to prepare the following certificates and submit it to company representative before Rig Acceptance for check:1. Bop’s certificate.
2. Certificate for easy TQ sling.
3. Certificate for M/U and Break out lines.
4. Certificate for travelling block, hook.
5. Certificate for swivel and all Kelly components.
6. Certificate for all BHA components.
7. Certificate for crown block.
8. Certificate for all rig floor slings (tong back up slings, tongs hanging slings, air hoist slings).
9. X-Ray and MPI certificates for stand pipe manifold.
10. Inspection certificate for the modification on poor boy degasser.
11. Certificate for dead line anchor.
12. Inspection certificates for sheaves hanged on derrick (Man riding sheave, sheaves for two air hoists, --).
13. Inspection reports for BOP crane.
14. IWCF certificate for (4 drillers, two night pusher and two senior tool pusher).
15. Certificates for rental crane (crane certificate, driver certificate, sling certificate), make sure that digital weight indicator is working and tires on good condition and back alarm working with good sound.
16. Complete lifting register.
17. Complete high pressure hose register.
18. Inspection reports for all the lifting points for (pipe baskets, caravans in rig site and camp side, engines, SCR, work shop, water tanks, poor boy degasser lifting bad ayes, mud lap and diesel tanks-------------------).
19. Inspection for all lifting bad ayes in mast, sub structure and sub structure extensions, set back area lifting bad ayes.
Safety engineer to supply the following before rig acceptance:1. Prepare register for safety harness.
2. SJA for rescue at height.
3. Make sure all smoke detectors working on the entire caravan in rig site and main camp.
4. Updated training matrix.
5. To follow up with office about the status of the ordered safety signs.
6. Safety engineer to prepare a drill register for all the drills performed in both rig site and cam site.
7. Digital copy of the hazard area map for both horizontal view and vertical view.
8. Check the inspection date of the automatic fire fighting system for SCR and kitchen is valid before rig acceptance.
9. Check all the breathing equipment and get it ready (inspection reports for the bottles body should be available and valid).
10. Prepare a training program for catering crew for fire fighting, record names in attendance sheet and keep these sheets on file.
** BOP’s to be tested on stump and choke manifold also to be tested before time for N/U.
** Well control equipment to be ready and tested before the time for BOP N/U.